Sunday, October 10, 2004

 

Letting Go, Hanging On

 

I keep her around because when she's not insane, she's a fun person to hang with. Sometimes when she IS insane, she's a fun person to hang with. And when she has these high-maintenance moments and needs to be indulged, well, I let her indulge herself till they pass. Perhaps it's not fair to the other women who dream of me worshipping them, like I'd ever subjugate myself to a breast-bearer's wiles again. Yeah, that goes for breast-barers, too.
I cannot quite believe I've become a blogmonster. I have read other blogs, some so bizarre their excessive usage of slang renders them readable only to a narrow audience, I have read blogs by people far more brilliant than me; There is the infamous Hairy Chasms by BigHo. He carries religious arguments to heights I personally don't care to go, but has the education and insight to do battle there. He's also rather trapped in rectal humor world, but has made an art form of it, too. His cartoons are superb, and his "alien" is a thing of wonder.
I've noted, through links from him and others, that expatriate Americans are often great bloggers. They have the knowledge of how it is to be a native American, and the opportunity to live in a foreign land and gain a perspective of their homeland you can't get any other way. The really excellent ones remain Americans, and don't assimilate into whatever culture they're surrounded by. Someone who turns muslim, of course, has lost both perspective and humanity. I cracked up when the American government wouldn't let Cat Stevens into the US. I also agree with them.
He's not that sensitive young songwriter he was decades ago; he's chosen the way of butchery, savagery and murder, let him immerse himself in it and stay the hell out. Besides, he's not American anyway; he's English, technically. His father was Greek, his mother Swedish, and he was born and raised in England. They can keep him.

Comments:
Hey, Arn.

You have a lot of vacant space up there, and since I'm not hacking you today, I'm not fixing it. Fix it yourownself.

Oh, and you have my permission to change your profile back, too. Heh.
DarthImplet, that's me.

 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?