Saturday, July 15, 2006

 

Power Trip

 

I've been digging out all my tools recently for my home improvement. Lots and lots of electrical devices are involved in the carpentry process. Blades and bits snap, motors burn up, batteries die, screws get stripped...anyone who's ever built anything knows the problems. I think I need Al from the "Home Improvement" show. I have people who offer to help, some who have helped. Part of the problem is me, of course. I'm winging it. Part of the wall is going to have windows. I haven't even designed them yet. I'm using disposable and old materials I have at hand to make one side of the wall, since it's going to be temporary. How do I get somebody to help when the entire plan is in my brain? Nobody wants to do the things I need doing, such as shoveling dirt, raking leaves, hacking swamp grass and nuisane bushes and trees. I don't blame them. It's hot, sweaty, dirty work. As soon as I finish my inside projects, I have to do those. Perhaps alternate back and forth so I'm not so far behind outside.

Living in Florida, however, from time to time your plans get an abrupt change. You can prep all your stuff, get ready to tackle your task, and, seemingly out of nowhere, you'll hear the rumble of thunder, and quite suddenly it's raining like crazy. It could last 10 minutes. It could last 2 hours. You're never sure which it will be. There's also the nuisane phenomenon of a monster rain front coming straight at you, then pausing a few miles away and raining itself out.

So...back to my ugly wall. The worst part is nearly done.
Cheerio!

Comments:
Maybe I can stop by in the fall to help. I am pretty much done with my home projects. My trip keeps getting postponed but eventually I will be on the road to West Virginia and part beyond.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?